Monday, August 3, 2009

Purpose

The constellation Orion in Bayers Uranometria

Here I sit at rehearsal for Menahem Pressler and Orion Weiss on my 6th day of work and I thank God for every moment of it. The wonderful sounds I hear everyday while solving problems that challenge both the brain and the heart, inspire me more than any other job I've ever had. My only regret is that I am unable to pause the moment and write all of the creativity that has been pouring into me.

Each of them is so talented, it breaks my heart that it is compounded by each one's sweet and rich personality. I'm astounded these two people exist and are able to play together. I'm even more astonished that I am lucky enough to stage manage for them. I think that stage managing for the classical world, is what I want to do with my life, substituted with inserts from the pop world, but music is definitely the way I want to go.

I can promise however that once things have sorted themselves into more of a rhythm, I will sit down and pound out more of that novel. For now however, I am content to listen to the glorious sounds of Mozart's Sonata for Two Pianos.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP